Urethral stricture can affect males and females for any reason that adversely affects the urethra. However, the urethral stricture ratio is relatively higher among males than females. Research has shown that 0.6% of the population of men suffer from urinary stricture annually. There are several conventional treatments available for curing urethral stricture. Still, homeopathic remedies can help patients recover their urethral structure symptoms without putting them at risk of severe side effects. Keep reading to learn about proven homeopathic remedies for urethral stricture treatment.
Table of Contents
What Do You Mean By Urethral Stricture?
Urethral stricture involves the condition where there occurs narrowing of the tube (urethra), which carries urine outside the body. It hinders the normal flow of urine through the urethra and can result in severe disorders related to the urinary tract, such as infections.
What Are The Symptoms Of Urethral Stricture?
Patients suffering from urethral stricture can experience the below-mentioned symptoms.
- Weak urine flow
- Straining while urination
- Incomplete bladder emptying
- Increased frequency of urination
- Pain while urination
- Burning sensation while urination
- Loss of urethral bladder
- Pinkish urine due to the presence of blood spots
- Urinary tract infections
What Are The Causes Of Urethral Stricture?
Patients experience urethral stricture when fibrous tissues replace normal skin tissue, resulting in the formation of a scar in the urethra. It can occur due to the below-mentioned reasons.
Urethra Injury: Injury affecting the pelvic region is the common cause of urethra stricture. For example, falling from the bar of a bicycle can badly injure the urethra, which results in scar tissue formation and narrows the passage for the flow of urine.
Endoscopy: Any medical procedure involving inserting instruments in the urethra, such as endoscopy, can adversely affect the lining of the urethral walls.
Catheter Insertion: Prolonged use of a catheter, a tube inserted through the urethra to empty the bladder, can also result in a narrowing of the urethra, restricting the normal flow of urine out of the body.
Surgeries: Many surgical procedures can result in urethral stricture as the post-operative side effect. Mainly, surgeries done to remove prostate-related disorders can lead to urethral stricture—the hypospadias surgery used to correct the position of the urethral opening.
Infections: Urinary tract infections which are mainly producing their effects in the urethra and causing inflammation there, can also be a reason for urethral stricture.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STDs can also cause severe infection in the urethra, leading to urethral stricture.
Other Causes: Besides the above-mentioned reasons, enlarged prostate gland surgery, urethral cancer, prostate cancer, and radiotherapy can also result in urethral stricture.
Homeopathic Remedies For Urethral Stricture Treatment
Sometimes, patients prefer homeopathic remedies for recovery from diseases because of the fact that homeopathic remedies are less likely to cause severe side effects. Ayurvedic medications, although has increased efficacy but put patients at risk of developing severe side effects, which can even worsen their conditions.
On the other hand, homeopathic medicines help recover disease symptoms through natural components. Here are discussed the effective homeopathic remedies for urethral stricture treatment; let’s find them out in detail.
It is the homeopathic dilution prepared from Virgin’s Bower, a native clematis species. It has been used for treating various health ailments such as cancer, headache, pimples, skin-related diseases, sleeplessness, pain, and malfunctioning in genital-urinary organs, especially testes in males and urethral stricture.
- Regarding urethral stricture, clematis can be the best homeopathic option. It can relieve the symptoms caused by urethral stricture. Clematis can be prescribed especially under the following conditions of urethral stricture.
- When the urine flow is too slow during urination, the pressure for the urine release from the urethra is not strong enough to be equal to normal flow. It can be due to the weakness of the urethral muscles.
- When you are experiencing the sensation of constriction in the urethra while urinating, it feels that the urethra has blocked the passage of urine, which does not allow proper urethra emptying.
- When you cannot empty the bladder in one sitting, you may feel like you still have the urge to urinate after urination. It is because of the constricted urethra, which does not allow proper urine flow out of the body.
- When you are having interrupted urination, the flow of urine stops and then starts again while urinating. The condition can be serious enough to cause urine release in the form of drops.
Consumption of clematis can alleviate all the conditions mentioned above. By promoting the smooth flow of urine with normal pressure, clematis helps patients alleviate their symptoms. Patients facing decreased urinating frequency and burning sensation during urination can also go with clematis to recover their symptoms. In the end, clematis is especially recommended for patients with a medical history of gonorrhea and now facing complications due to urethral stricture.
Spanish fly beetles contain a toxic substance called cantharidin, which is used to produce catharsis, an effective homeopathic remedy for various health ailments related to the skin, gastrointestinal tract, respiratory tract, and urinary tract. It is also effective for alleviating the symptoms of urethral stricture. The conditions when patients are especially recommended with cantharis are discussed below.
- When you are experiencing a burning sensation while urination, the burning sensation in the urinary tract can start before urination and last while passing the urine out of the body.
- When you are feeling the pain before and during urination, it feels like urine is blocked in the urethra, causing severe discomfort and pain.
- When the release of urine is in the form of drops, there is no constant release of urine during urination. Also, the flow of urine is very slow, which makes patients unsatisfied with the bladder emptying.
Cantharis can alleviate the conditions discussed above. Therefore, it is considered an effective homeopathic remedy for treating painful urination with a burning sensation.
Pipsissewa, also known as prince’s pine, is the source of Chimaphila Umbellata, a homeopathic medicine. It is prepared by the roots and leaves of this plant at the flowering stage, the extract of which is then formulated according to the homeopathic formulas. This homeopathic remedy treats urinary tract-related disorders such as urethral stricture. Here are mentioned the conditions where patients are particularly recommended with Chimaphila.
- When you cannot urinate without exerting pressure, in this condition, patients hardly pass out a few drops of urine while straining on the bladder.
- When you are experiencing a painful and burning sensation before and during urination.
- When you feel unable to fully empty the bladder, even after urinating.
Chimaphila can help patients in alleviat9ing all the symptoms mentioned above.
Thiosinaminum is a homeopathic drug prepared from mustard seed oil and used mainly for removing scars, tumors, fibroids, cataracts, and strictures in the body. The conditions where patients of urethral stricture are usually recommended to take thiosinaminum include:
- When you are experiencing pain before and during urination.
- When you have an increased urination frequency at night time.
- When there is tissue scar formation in the urethra.
Thiosinaminum can recover all the symptoms mentioned above. It has the specific ability to dissolve tissue scars by softening the tissues, thus helping patients effectively recover from urethral stricture.
Conium is the homeopathic medication prepared from hemlock used for treating bronchitis, whooping cough, painful joints, asthma, anxiety, and mania. Besides these health ailments, conium is also considered an effective remedy for recovering the symptoms of urethral stricture.
Here are mentioned the conditions where patients are particularly prescribed with conium.
- When patients are experiencing urination in the form of drops, there is a loss of ability to empty the bladder effectively.
- There is a burning sensation in the urinary tract before and during urination.
Conium helps alleviate these symptoms and helps patients in improving their urine flow.
It is prepared mostly in the form of tincture from the roots and flowers of Arnica Montana. It treats wounds, rashes, boils, acne, and pain. It can also alleviate the symptoms caused by a urethral stricture. Patients of urethral stricture are recommended with arnica if they face the conditions below.
- If the patients have experienced any injury affecting the urinary tract in the history are prescribed arnica.
- When the patients complain of increased urination frequency, they can also go with Arnica to control their washroom trips.
The homeopathic drug, Cannabis sativa has been used for treating various chronic health conditions such as epilepsy, asthma, skin burns, pain, rheumatism, gastrointestinal disorders, and sexually transmitted diseases. It is also effective for curing the symptoms of urethral stricture. There are some specific conditions where patients are specifically recommended to take cannabis with urethral stricture, as mentioned below.
- When you are not able to empty the bladder entirely in one sitting. There is still an urge to urinate even after urination
- When the urine flow is weak and slow, you may be able to release the urine in the form of drops.
It is a homeopathic medication prepared by dissolving mercury in nitric acid. There will be a formation of gray powder, which is then dried and triturated. This homeopathic medication is used to alleviate the symptoms of bacterial and viral infections and wounds and to control the release of abnormal fluid discharge from the body.
Besides these health diseases, merc sol can also effectively cure the symptoms of urethral stricture. The frequency of urination due to urethral stricture can be controlled using Merc sol. Also, the intake of Merc sol can control the quick urgency to visit the washroom.
Magnesium mur is the homeopathic remedy for alleviating disease symptoms, mainly related to lover disorders and stress. It can also help patients relieve their symptoms caused by urethral stricture by dilating the urethral muscles. It improves the flow of urine and helps patients release the urine out of the body without exerting pressure.
This homeopathic remedy effectively treats skin issues like acne, barber’s itch, and eczema. Research has shown that patients taking sulph iodatum have improved their urethral stricture symptoms. Especially when dealing with urethral stricture after gonorrhea, Sulph Iodatum is highly beneficial. Urinary symptoms such as frequent urges, drop-by-drop passing of urine, and painful urination are also treated with it.
The urethral structure can be treated with homeopathic remedies, which we discussed above. Patients must recommend the homeopathic doctor for the specific homeopathic medication dosage to boost the drug’s ability to alleviate urethral stricture symptoms. Must inform the doctor if you are suffering from some other health disorder besides urethral stricture to reduce the risk of the ineffectiveness of the drug.
Which homeopathic medicine is best for urethral stricture?
Clematis, Thuja, Sabal Serrulata, Pareira Brava
How long does it take homeopathy to cure urethral stricture?
It’s important to understand that homeopathy treats the individual, not just the disease symptoms, so responses can vary greatly from person to person. In some individuals, symptom relief may be immediate, while in others it may take weeks or even months.
What herbal remedies are good for urethral strictures?
Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, Cleavers, Horsetail, Marshmallow Root
How I cured my urethral stricture?
Depending on the severity and location of the stricture, treatments may range from minimally invasive procedures to more complex surgeries. Here are some common treatments:
- Urethral Dilation: A medical professional inserts gradually larger tubes into your urethra to slowly stretch it.
- Direct Vision Internal Urethrotomy (DVIU): In this procedure, a doctor uses a thin tube with a camera (endoscope) to visualize the stricture, then cuts the stricture to open the urethra.
- Urethroplasty: This is surgery to remove the affected part of the urethra and then reconnect the open ends. It has a high success rate but is generally reserved for longer, more severe strictures.
- Urine Flow Diversion: In severe cases where the urethra can’t be repaired, surgeons may create a new path for urine to exit the body.
Lifestyle changes such as avoiding potential urethral irritants and drinking plenty of fluids can help maintain urinary health, but they don’t cure a urethral stricture.
Remember, urethral stricture is a serious condition that can lead to complications if left untreated. It’s important to seek professional medical advice if you think you have a urethral stricture.
The information contained in this post is for educational purposes only. Always consult your primary care doctor before using the remedies that are provided. The information is provided by The Hidden Cures and while we do timely, in-depth research on the information that we provide to you, everything stated may not be up to date or accurate from the time it was written.