6 Powerful Natural Remedies For Alzheimer’s Disease
Table of Contents
What is Alzheimer’s Disease?Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive neurological disorder that decreases and destroys the cognitive and behavioral patterns of an individual as a result of an ongoing reduction in the size of the brain, which can eventually lead to the death of brain cells. The name Alzheimer is from a German psychiatrist and neuropathologist named Alois Alzheimer in 1906 who discovered the pathological features of the disease after treating a 51year old woman who had progressive memory loss. It wasn’t until 1910 that his colleague Emil Kraepelin named the disease after him.
Causes of Alzheimer’s DiseaseCertain proteins build up in the brain that causes Alzheimer’s disease. These are:
Risk Factors For Alzheimer’s Disease
2. Cardiovascular DiseasesDifferent lifestyle factors such as smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, high cholesterol, obesity, etc, that cause cardiovascular diseases also increase the risk of having Alzheimer’s disease.
3. Mild Cognitive ImpairmentPeople suffering from mild cognitive impairment have an increased risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. This is because the disease is characterized by an early stage of memory loss, loss of judgment, decrease in thinking abilities, etc. These are also the major symptoms that are associated with Alzheimer’s disease. Therefore, having mild cognitive impairment raises the chances of having Alzheimer’s disease.
Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
Loss of Concentration
Inability To Make The Right Judgement
Initial/ Early Symptoms
- Micrographia (tiny handwriting)
- Voice tremor
- Shuffling gait
- Loose track of things, conversations
- Repetitive asking of questions that they already know the answers but they keep forgetting
- Inability to make the right judgment
Intermediate/ Middle Symptoms
- Forgetting names of close friends and families
- Becoming irritable
- Sleep problems
- Misunderstanding and misinterpreting people
- Severe weight loss
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
- Very weak muscles
- Excessive Aggressiveness
Prevention of Alzheimer’s DiseaseTo prevent those proteins from developing in the brain, researchers haven’t found a way out of it as it is still under investigation. However, to prevent Alzheimer’s disease, it is important to take measures that will lower your risk of developing the disease. The following are the ways by which Alzheimer’s disease can be prevented:
Exercise your brain
Increased Physical Activity/ Exercising Regularly
Monitor Your Blood Pressure Regularly
Natural Remedies For Alzheimer’s DiseaseThe following are some of the natural remedies by which Alzheimer’s disease can be treated.
Final ThoughtsThe above natural remedies should slow down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease and also improve the symptoms felt. However, if the natural remedies for Alzheimer’s disease do not reduce the symptoms, it is necessary to contact your doctor for expert management.
What Medications are Preferred for Alzheimer’s Disease?
Current medications for Alzheimer’s Disease are approved to treat symptoms of the disease but do not slow or stop the progression of cognitive decline. These medications include cholinesterase inhibitors (Aricept, Namenda, Razadyne, Exelon) and memantine (Namenda, Razadyne). While cholinesterase inhibitors can cause excessive sleepiness, memantine does not. Memantine is usually started at a low dose and titrated until the optimal dose is reached.
How do Herbs Help With Alzheimer’s Disease?
As Alzheimer’s is preferred to cause the chemical and structural changes in the brain that leads to remembering issues. So, the herbs like Ginkgo Biloba, Maca, Gotu Kola, Ginseng, St John’s Wort, Gingko, Cayenne, Rhodiola, Ashwagandha, and Cat’s Claw are used to restore the proper functionality of the brain.
The information contained in this post is for educational purposes only. Always consult your primary care doctor before using the remedies that are provided. The information is provided by The Hidden Cures and while we do timely, in-depth research on the information that we provide to you, everything stated may not be up to date or accurate from the time it was written.