10 Best Home Remedies for Syphilis (Based on Traditional Medicine)
10 Effective Natural Remedies for Scoliosis
Scoliosis occurs when the spine curves in a way that isn’t normal. The spine usually has a curve at the top of the shoulders and another curve at the bottom. People with scoliosis, on the other hand, have a spine that curves from side to side or forms an “S” or “C.” The problem usually starts around the time of the growth spurt before puberty, but it can happen at any time. Some common signs and symptoms of scoliosis are uneven shoulders, a shoulder blade that sticks out more than the other, an uneven waist, and one hip that is higher than the other. This could hurt and make you feel bad. Also, if the problem gets worse, the spine may rotate or twist, making the ribs on one side of the body stick out more.
No one knows for sure what causes scoliosis. The American Association of Neurological Surgeons says that about 80% of scoliosis cases can’t be traced back to a specific cause. But experts believe that a common cause is that the condition is hereditary. Other causes include neuromuscular disorders like cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy, a birth defect that affects how the bones of the spine grow, a spinal injury, or an infection in the spine. Most cases of scoliosis are mild, and a brace may be needed to keep the curve from getting worse. In fact, when the problem is caught early, the first step in treatment is to wear a brace. In some cases, surgery or orthotic inserts may be needed to stop the curve from getting worse. A person with scoliosis can improve their health and well-being by doing certain exercises, eating certain foods, and making changes to their way of life.
In this post, we will discuss the natural ways to cure scoliosis.
Table of Contents
Signs and Symptoms of Scoliosis
Some of the signs and symptoms of scoliosis are:
- Uneven shoulders
- One shoulder blade stands out more than the other.
- Uneven waist
- One hip is higher than the other.
- The rib cage sticks out on one side.
- When you bend forward, you can see a bump on one side of your back.
Most people with scoliosis have a spine that curves side to side and also rotates or twists. This makes the ribs or muscles on one side of the body stick out farther than those on the other side.
When to see a doctor
If you think your child might have scoliosis, you should take them to the doctor. Mild curves can happen without either you or your child noticing because they happen slowly and don’t usually hurt. Sometimes a child’s teacher, friend, or teammate is the first person to notice that he or she has scoliosis.
Causes of Scoliosis
Doctors don’t know what causes the most common kind of scoliosis, but it seems to have something to do with genes since the disorder can run in families. Causes of less common types of scoliosis include:
- Some neuromuscular diseases, such as cerebral palsy and muscular dystrophy, can cause muscle weakness.
- Birth defects that affect the way the bones of the spine form
- Previous chest wall surgery as a baby
- Spine problems like injuries or infections
- Spinal cord abnormalities
Risk factors of Scoliosis
The most common type of scoliosis is more likely to happen if:
- Age: Usually, signs and symptoms show up when a person is a teenager.
- Sex: Boys and girls get mild scoliosis at about the same rate, but girls are much more likely to have their curves get worse and need treatment.
- About the family: Scoliosis can run in families, but most kids who have it didn’t get it from their parents.
Diagnosis of Scoliosis
At first, the doctor will get a full medical history and may ask about any recent growth. During the physical exam, the doctor may have your child stand up and then bend forward from the waist, letting the arms hang loosely to see if one side of the rib cage is more prominent than the other.
Your doctor may also do an exam of your nervous system to look for:
- Weakness in muscles
- Abnormal reflexes
Plain X-rays can confirm that a person has scoliosis and show how much the spine is curved. Multiple X-rays will be taken over the years to see if the curve is getting worse, which can lead to repeated exposure to radiation, which can be a worry.
To lower this risk, your doctor might suggest a type of imaging system that makes a 3D model of the spine using less radiation. But not all hospitals and clinics have this system. Ultrasound is another option, but it may not be as accurate in figuring out how bad the scoliosis curve is.
If your doctor thinks that scoliosis is caused by something deeper, like a problem with your spinal cord, he or she might suggest that you get an MRI.
Natural Treatment For Scoliosis In Adults
There are both passive and natural ways to cure scoliosis. We recommend the following natural treatment for scoliosis in adults.
Chiropractic care or physical therapy
Physical therapy or chiropractic care is one of the best natural ways to cure scoliosis in adults. Scoliosis is one condition that can be helped by chiropractic care. Physical therapy can also help with some parts of the treatment for scoliosis. Both types of treatment help strengthen the core and back muscles, train the spine, and relieve pain in similar ways.
Herbal Medicines and Vitamins
Doctors and scientists are still trying to figure out what causes scoliosis. About 80% of cases of scoliosis are still a mystery to doctors, which means they don’t know what causes it. Recent research, on the other hand, has shown that people with scoliosis often have low levels of vitamins and hormones. Here are some herbs and supplements that have been shown to help with scoliosis in different ways.
- Vitamin D, especially D3 Omega-3, can be found in fish oil.
- Turmeric Supplements with curcumin can help with inflammation.
- Magnesium is good for your muscles and bones.
- Collagen makes joints strong.
Studies have shown that scoliosis is easier to treat in people who are generally healthier than in people who are not. Nutrition is a very important part of everyone’s health, of course. Here are some tips on what to eat if you have scoliosis.
The best kinds of food for scoliosis are:
- Every day, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Greek yogurt, kombucha, and kefir all have probiotics.
- High-fiber foods come from plants.
- Salmon and eggs are good examples of lean sources of protein.
- Fats that are good for you, like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, seeds, and nuts.
What Not To Eat If You Have Scoliosis
- Carbs that have been processed or refined, such as cakes, cookies, candy, and most snack foods.
- Foods with trans fats or that are fried.
- Canola oil, palm oil, and soybean oil are all examples of refined vegetable oils.
- Too much milk and cheese.
- Red meat.
Stretching and Yoga
Even though both yoga and stretching are forms of exercise, people with scoliosis should make it a habit to stay active and stretch. Here are some yoga poses and stretches that people with scoliosis will find helpful.
- Lay on the ground on your stomach.
- Keep your elbows under your shoulders and your palms flat on the ground in front of you to support your body.
- By flexing the core muscles and glutes, you can keep the hips in line with the spine and stop them from going up or down (buttocks).
- Hold this pose for up to one minute, or as long as you can.
- Repeat three to five times.
- Start in a plank position, but put your hands down instead of your elbows.
- From the plank position, lift your hips up and push them back as you lower your head between your arms. Your body should look like an upside-down V.
- You should feel the stretch along your spine, hamstrings, and arms as you push your chest back and lift your hips.
- After 30 seconds, let go and go back to plank.
- Repeat Five to seven times.
Other exercises to help correct scoliosis and realign the hips are:
- Dog and Pig
- The pelvis sags.
- Pose of a Child
- Mountain Pose
- Standing Reverse Leg Raises
- 90/90 Stretch the hips
Exercises can help people with scoliosis in a number of ways, whether they are children or adults. Regular exercise can:
- Help relieve pain
- Feel better and have more confidence
- Build up the muscles that help your back stay straight.
- Stop a spinal curve from getting worse.
But people with scoliosis shouldn’t do all exercises. Here are some exercises that are thought to be safe and helpful.
- Swimming: Because water is weightless, it is a great place for the spine. Swimming is another all-around exercise that helps build muscles all over the body. But too much of a good thing can be bad, so don’t swim in competitions.
- Running, hiking, and walking are all good ways to stay healthy and busy. But long-distance running is probably not a good idea because it can put pressure on the spinal discs over time.
- Soccer: Soccer is a good choice for kids and adults with mild scoliosis. Kids should stay healthy, stay active, and learn how to use their muscles.
- Rowing: Rowing makes the back muscles stronger, which helps keep the spine straight.
When we sit for a long time, our posture usually gets worse. We round at the top of our backs, our shoulders drop, and we put too much pressure on our spine and vertebrae. Unfortunately, standing for long periods of time can also increase tension and strain on the spine. If you have kyphosis, a spinal curvature disorder, you should stay active and move around. Don’t hunch your shoulders when you sit, which makes the condition worse, and don’t stand for long periods. Lordosis and scoliosis aren’t affected as much by sitting, but people with these conditions say that standing evenly on both legs makes their back pain go away.
Kale might not be the tastiest green, but it is full of important minerals that can significantly strengthen bone mass. It does this by increasing the production of collagen, which the body needs to make muscle, tissue, and bone as well as hold them together. Adding kale to your diet can make your bones stronger and less likely to break. When combined with a back brace or other force-based treatments for spinal curvature disorders, this food choice can help speed up the process and help the spine bend back into shape faster.
Thyme and Peppermint
It has been found that a slow buildup of microbes in the spine of a person with scoliosis can make the malformation of the spine worse or make it happen faster. Peppermint and thyme oils are great natural antibiotics that can be rubbed directly on the spine or area of inflammation to boost your immune system and get rid of the slow buildup of pathogens that can hurt the integrity of your spine.
Oregano has a naturally soothing and anti-inflammatory effect on the body. It also helps the muscles around the spine relax, which reduces pain and makes that area of the body more flexible. People have used oregano essential oil to relieve scoliosis pain, and the oil’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties may make it easier to straighten the spine.
Alfalfa has a lot of vitamin K, which helps the body connect bone cells tightly and improve bone density. It also has a lot of other minerals, which also help the body connect bone cells tightly and improve bone density. With stronger bones, scoliosis treatments and physical therapy can help reverse or lessen the effects of the condition. Scoliosis is not as easy to fix as the other two curvature disorders of the spine, and it tends to get worse over time. Together with a diet full of minerals, therapies that slow the disease’s progression are important.
As you can see, there are a lot of natural ways to cure scoliosis before having surgery. Obviously, you should always talk to a doctor before trying any of these methods. A doctor or chiropractor can help you figure out how to treat scoliosis in the best way. Most of the time, a treatment plan will include all of the above natural fixes. Don’t lose hope when you’re diagnosed with scoliosis, it’s not the end of the world for you. It can be treated.
What Medications are Best to Cure Scoliosis?
Scoliosis can’t be treated with medicine, but the pain can be minimized with the painkillers and NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen. You should consult the doctor for the appropriate dosage.
What Natural Herbs can be Considered Scoliosis Pain Relievers?
Ginger, Turmeric with lemon bioflavonoids, Curcumin supplements, Vitamin C, etc., are some natural herbs that can be effective in scoliosis pain.
What Causes Scoliosis in Babies?
Cerebral palsy, Inherited conditions, Injury, Infection, etc., are some causes of Scoliosis in Babies.
The information contained in this post is for educational purposes only. Always consult your primary care doctor before using the remedies that are provided. The information is provided by The Hidden Cures and while we do timely, in-depth research on the information that we provide to you, everything stated may not be up to date or accurate from the time it was written.